As Virginia Tech continues to observe the same safety precautions as the rest of our nation for COVID-19, we still want to make options available to see what it’s like to be a student here. We are working with campus partners to offer a growing list of options and videos, so visit the page below for updates!
See Virginia Tech for yourself. Plan to visit our Blacksburg campus, offices in the National Capital Region, or one of our campus centers around the commonwealth.
Visiting the Blacksburg campus
Below are some suggested ways to get the most out of your time on campus and in Blacksburg.
- Want a big event with information sessions? Our next opportunity is Open House.
- Want to know more about a major? Check out a departmental information session.
- Can’t make an information session, or looking to dive deeper into your major? Schedule an appointment with a faculty member in the department of the major in which you are most interested.
- Want to explore a graduate degree program? Contact the department directly or work with the Graduate School. Find contact information by department or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Want to add a little entertainment? Our university has a constant flow. Look for those on the Virginia Tech Calendar.
- Talk with Virginia Tech students you encounter during your visit. Find out why they chose Tech and learn about their experiences as Hokies.
- Dining halls are open to the public! Check dining services for payment (some locations don’t take cash) and menu options, including allergy-sensitive menus.
- We are an open campus! You are free to walk around. See as much of campus and the surrounding area as possible.
- Interested in exploring graduate programs, facilities and the Graduate Life Center? Request a tour with the Graduate School
- Investigate local hiking, biking, canoeing, and more, or take time for a leisurely drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Visit the community! Montgomery County offers many great opportunities for engagement.
- We have also highlighed a variety of popular and lesser-known attractions to see and enjoy around campus on your visit to Virginia Tech.
Visiting the National Capital Region offices
Virginia Tech has facilities in seven localities of the National Capital Region:
- Falls Church