9. Reduce single-occupancy-vehicle commuting to campus by 20 percent by 2025 and reduce transportation-related GHG emissions by 40 percent by 2030.
10. Integrate the Climate Action Commitment into Virginia Tech’s educational mission through the Climate Action Living Laboratory beginning in 2021.
11. Establish climate justice as a core value of the Virginia Tech Climate Action Commitment.
12. Diminish barriers to sustainable behaviors through institutional change, education and social marketing.
13. Implement the Virginia Tech Climate Action Commitment at a high level of university administration and governance; by integrating goals for facilities, education,and campus culture; and with stakeholder engagement for evaluation of goals and progress.
14. Develop innovative budgeting and financing mechanisms to generate funding and staffing to achieve Climate Action Commitment goals.
15. Develop pathways after 2030 to eliminate fossil fuels and carbon offsets by 2050.