Current status for campus locations
Hampton Roads: Campus and offices open
Abingdon: Campus and offices open
Danville: Campus and offices open
Agricultural Research and Extension Centers: All centers reported open
When a situation arises in which the university determines that immediate action is required, a campus-wide VT Alert is issued. VT Alerts allow students, faculty, and staff who subscribe to the system to receive urgent notifications by a phone message, text message, and/or desktop alert.
In addition to the subscription methods listed above, VT Alerts are also shared via:
- This webpage
- Twitter @vtalerts
- Broadcast emails to all vt.edu accounts
- Electronic message boards in classrooms and common spaces
- The weather/emergency hotline (540-231-6668)
- Official messages during emergencies and other incidents will come from the following social media accounts:
- Virginia Tech
- VT Alerts
- Twitter: twitter.com/vtalerts
- Virginia Tech Police
- Virginia Tech Emergency Management
- Virginia Tech
In situations that occur that do not require immediate action the information may be relayed to the campus community via this webpage, email, on the Virginia Tech website, and through official Virginia Tech social media channels (see list above).
Note: As a public service, information will be sent to local media outlets as needed, such as in the case of an authorized closing or delayed opening during inclement weather; however, Virginia Tech is not responsible for inaccurate reporting of information on local media outlets.