Livestream: 2017 State of the University address
Update: The State of the University address has finished. Read a full transcript.
In an August letter to the Virginia Tech community, President Tim Sands welcomed students, faculty, and staff to join him at the 2017 State of the University. Doors open at 3 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 29. A student performance will begin around 3:15 p.m., and the address will begin at 3:30 p.m., in the Anne and Ellen Fife Theatre of the Street and Davis Performance Hall within the Moss Arts Center.
2016 State of the University video
Virginia Tech President Tim Sands delivered his first State of the University address in 2016 at the Moss Arts Center.
Sands outlined the university’s history of bold successful moves, and challenged the university community to advance as a national and global leader. He spoke in front of a large audience, including students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni.
- Read Sands' inaugural State of the University address
- Read the story in Virginia Tech News
- Watch Mixed Emotions perform an a cappella rendition of the alma mater
- Watch the full event, including performances from The Highty-Tighties and Mixed Emotions
- Friday, Sept. 29, 2017
- Doors open at 3 p.m.
- Student performance starts at 3:15 p.m.
- Event begins at 3:30 p.m.
- Anne and Ellen Fife Theatre, Street and Davis Performance Hall,
Moss Arts Center
- On social media: #VTSOTU