Financial support from alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations is critical to the success of the Innovation Campus.
Located next door to our nation’s capital, the Innovation Campus is a once in a lifetime opportunity to change the face of the tech sector in Northern Virginia. People will make it possible. Recruitment of the right faculty and students will be critical. Virginia Tech has committed to raising $250 million in private support over the next ten years – matching the $250 million investment made by the Commonwealth of Virginia – to make the Innovation Campus a reality.
Private support will be used to:
- Recruit, support, and retain exceptional faculty, staff, and students to build the most diverse graduate technology campus in the nation;
- Reimagine graduate education and research;
- Create scalable K-12 and leadership programming;
- Build world-class facilities; and
- Identify, nurture, and prepare talented graduates to backstop the global shortage of talent in the fields of computer science and computer engineering.