To check the status of your application
Within a week of submitting your application for admission, you will receive an email with the subject “Virginia Tech Guest Account Invitation.” Your Guest ID is the email address you entered on your application. Once you have set up your Guest Account, you will be able to view your application status page.
- Log in to the Virginia Tech Information System. If you’re having trouble logging in, please see the help page.
- Click on “Admission Term” to see your status. Be sure to verify that all information on the page is correct.
NOTE: If you receive a message that you are "not authorized" and you know that you have created a guest account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow these steps to complete the guest account creation process:
- You must obtain your application ID number. Your nine-digit application ID number has been provided to you through multiple emails. The first of which you received 24 hours after you submitted your application to Virginia Tech.
- Please check your spam email folders for our email. We’ve especially noticed this being an issue with gmail accounts.
- To create your guest account, visit http://www.inviteapp.banner.vt.edu and follow the steps. (Again, please check your spam folder for the email we send once you visit this link).
- To learn more, visit the Guest Account FAQs page.
Your PID will be your electronic identifier throughout your years at Virginia Tech. It’s used for everything—signing up for orientation, registering for classes, checking your email, participating in classes, etc.
Please be sure to choose your PID appropriately, because this identifier will be visible as your electronic identity to professors, potential employers, and others.
You can create your Virginia Tech Personal Identifier (PID) after you accept our offer of admission and your matriculation deposit has been received and processed.
NOTE: This may take several days for online payments or up to two weeks for mailed payments.
Everything input must exactly match your student record, or your attempt will result in a not-found error. If you received an offer of admission, then you are most definitely in the database. Following are some hints to help you successfully create your PID.
- Enter your first and last names exactly as they appear on the letter offering you admission to the university, as this reflects how they are listed in the system.
- Enter your date of birth as a two-digit month, two-digit date, and four-digit year (MM-DD-YYYY).
- Enter your Student ID number: (the nine-digit number you received in the letter offering you admission). Do not use your Social Security Number.
- Choose the exact major on your offer letter, without extra words or college designations. For example, all first-year engineering students should choose General Engineering. Business majors should choose the exact program listed on their offer letter (ex. Marketing Management, not Business, Marketing). Undecided students are University Studies majors, not Undecided.
If you continue to receive the not-found error and need to try the screen multiple times, be sure to close your browser window completely after each failure. This will allow the secure page to reset.
If you still have problems after trying the above suggestions, send an email to email@example.com including your name and Student ID number.