Virginia Tech Onsite Admission
Class of 2021
Onsite Admission is a service provided by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Virginia Tech to area high schools that allows for an early application review and decision.
The high schools included in those service are located in the New River Valley of Southwest Virginia, including:
- Blacksburg High School
- Christiansburg High School
- Eastern Montgomery High School
- Auburn High School
- Pulaski High School
- Floyd High School
- Narrows High School
- Giles High School
- Radford High School
- Dayspring Christian Academy
- Southwest Virginia Governor's School
Criteria to participate
Students must be academically prepared to attend Virginia Tech in the major they select. Although the review is holistic, taking into consideration several attributes, there are minimum requirements to participate in onsite admission, including:
- a cumulative GPA above a 3.25
- evidence of college-level work with attempting an advance curriculum (either through honors, AP, Dual Enrollment, or IB courses) and
- have met with either a school counselor or admissions counselor to finalize major selection for the Virginia Tech application.
Deadline to participate
In order to receive an early notification of admission, a completed application (including the self-reported academic record) must be received by end-of-day on October 1st. Students can apply with either Coalition or CommonApp found on our apply page.
Delivery of decision
Students will receive their decision in the mail by October 30th.
Due to COVID-19, counselors will not need to provide a list of students to be considered, however a list would be helpful by October 1st to ensure no student is missed. Our office will review all students from the qualified school who completed the application by the deadline to be considered for onsite admission. A request to meet with you to discuss applicants will be scheduled in early October. A list of student application decisions will be provided to you by October 26th.