Accepting the Offer of Admission
Accept Your Offer Of Admission
To accept the offer, submit your $400 enrollment deposit through your Applicant Portal by the date on your offer letter. The deadline for Early Decision to accept is January 15. The deadline for Early Action and Regular Decision to accept is May 1. If the $400 enrollment deposit is a burden to you or your family, please contact our office to see if you are eligible for a reduction or waiver based on your FAFSA.
You will be able to create your VT username and email address after your enrollment deposit has been processed (note: this may take a few days). Go to https://onecampus.vt.edu/task/all/pidgen-081030, click on 'Start'.
- Enter your Student ID number: (the nine-digit number 90******* you received in the guest account instruction email and your mailed offer packet) Do not use your Social Security Number. If you receive an “unspecified” error message, please try using a different web browser. If you receive a “not found” error message, please allow more time for your deposit to be processed.
- Enter your first and last names exactly as they appear on your guest account and the letter offering you admission to the university, as this reflects how they are listed in the system.
- Enter your date of birth as a two-digit month, two-digit date, and four-digit year (MM-DD-YYYY).
- Choose the exact major on your offer letter, without extra words or college designations. For example, all first-year engineering students should choose General Engineering. Business majors should choose the exact program listed on their offer letter (ex. Marketing Management, not Business, Marketing).
If you have problems after following the above instructions, send an email to email@example.com, making sure to include your name and Student ID number.
You will need these items when creating your Virginia Tech username, as well as throughout the process of becoming a student at Virginia Tech.
- Complete the Scholarship Application and FAFSA by January 22 if applying for scholarships.
- Complete the FAFSA by March 1 for priority consideration. More information at finaid.vt.edu. Once you have your information submitted, start getting ready for life on campus.
- Check out You're In... Now What? It's your complete guide to life at Virginia Tech and will help you plan each step from now through the time you move into your residence hall. With new info each month, you'll want to bookmark this site: students.vt.edu/nowwhat
- Check your Virginia Tech email for important class registration and Orientation information.
- Check out Virginia Tech Summer Academy.
- Watch for your scholarship and financial aid package on your Application Status Page.
- Register yourself and your family for Orientation. Registration opens in mid-March at students.vt.edu/transition.
- Update your SRAR (self-reported academic record) with final grades if you attended high school only in the US.
- Submit final official transcripts. Final official transcripts must come directly from the school, not the student, and can be delivered via an online vendor (such as Parchment) or mailed to our office at 925 Prices Fork Road, Blacksburg VA 24061. Dual enrolled students must submit official high school and college transcripts.
- Applicants who opted to have SAT/ACT scores must have official scores sent directly from the testing agency. SAT code is 5859; ACT code is 4420.
- Submit AP, IB, and CLEP scores if applicable. For guidance visit https://www.registrar.vt.edu/Advanced-Standing-Transferable-Credit.html or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 30 - Summer Academy only; all applicable official test scores, final transcripts, and the updated Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) are due.
- July 15 - Official test scores (if applicable), official final transcripts, and the updated self-reported academic record/SRAR (if applicable) are due.
- Attend First-Year Orientation and register for classes. Bring your family to Family Orientation.
- Tell your family to sign up for the Hokie Family eNews at students.vt.edu/families
- Attend Summer Academy (if applicable).
- Watch for tuition bill notification.
- Make your Fall tuition payment.
- Move into your new home away from home! Get assistance from Hokie Helpers in the blue shirts.
- Classes begin! View ongoing dates and deadlines at registrar.vt.edu.
- Participate in Hokie Hi and Welcome Week activities.