The deadline to submit the freshman application for admission is December 1, 2017.
- Virginia Tech expects all applicants to apply using the online application.
- Only the completed application is due by the application deadline. Your transcripts and test scores can follow at a later date.
- After you submit your application, please allow time for your transcripts and test scores to be matched to your file. This may take up to four weeks. Once items have been matched to your file, they will be noted on your Application Status Page.
You are a freshman applicant if you:
- are a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- meet the minimum graduation requirements from high school.
- have not attempted more than 12 hours at any college or university since graduating from high school.
- have never attended Virginia Tech as an undergraduate student.
If you would instead prefer to fill out the paper application:
Download and complete the 2017 Virginia Tech International Application for Admission
International Transfer Applicants - If any of your previous or current education has been or is currently in an international education system, please submit the international application. We require extra information for transfer applicants who have completed or are completing courses at an international college or university. See the application checklist or the application instructions for a full list of what is needed from international transfer applicants.
Make sure to complete the Virginia In-State Tuition Form, which is included as part of both the online and paper Freshman Application. This form must be submitted with your application if you claim entitlement to Virginia in-state tuition rates, even if you are currently a Virginia resident. Failure to complete this form will result in your classification as an out-of-state student. For more information, please see the residency page.
Download and complete the 2017 Virginia In-State Tuition Form
Mail your completed application and the application fee to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
925 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Once you submit your application, don't forget to check your email and set up your Guest Account. Completing this step will give you access to your Application Status Page, which will allow you to see if we have received everything we need from you to complete your application as well as see your admission decision when it is available.
A Note from the Director
We are delighted that you are considering Virginia Tech! Knowing that applying to college can be both challenging and exciting, we have made every attempt to ensure that our application process is brief and straightforward.
Before you begin your application, be sure to read the instructions provided on this site – they are a helpful resource and will answer many of the questions you probably already have. Take note of the helpful hints, checklists, and timelines, which will help keep you on track throughout the process.
We look forward to receiving your application and are here to help, so please do not hesitate to contact our office should you need any assistance during this important time.
Mildred R. Johnson
Associate Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Help: Steps to apply online
- Create an ApplyWeb account (if first-time user)
- Start your application now!
- Select type of application
- Complete the application form, save, and send online to Virginia Tech by selecting this option at the end of the application.
- Pay the appropriate application fee online using the secure credit card transaction service.
- Once the Office of Undergraduate Admissions acknowledges your application, you will receive a verification email.
Help: Returning Students
If you were previously accepted to Virginia Tech, took classes, and then left the university in good standing, you do not need to reapply. Please contact the Registrar to ask to be reinstated.
Need more help?
Freshman and Transfer applicants can view a web-application checklist by clicking here.
If you don’t have a PDF viewer, you can download Adobe Reader for free.