Transfer Application Checklist
- Transfer (Spring term) deadline is October 15. Transfer (Summer I or II/Fall term) deadline is February 15. You must submit your completed Coalition application by this date to be considered for admission (see below for scholarship eligibility deadlines).
- Application fee: Students will be expected to pay the $60 application fee unless they qualify for a fee waiver, which is determined through the Coalition application.
- Choose a major when you apply. There are more than 100 to choose from. Prepare for entry into your intended program by following your Admissions Transfer Roadmap.
- All college course work will be reported through the Self Reported Academic Record (SRAR). You may start entering coursework at any time at vt.edu/admissions/srar, but do not submit the SRAR until you have submitted the Coalition application (NOTE: the SRAR is required even if you entered coursework/test scores directly on the Coalition application). You should enter your high school information and dates of attendance first, but you will not need to list high school course information. You should then enter each college or university attended and note all coursework attempted at each institution, including any dual enrollment coursework completed. AP, IB, and CLEP exam scores should be noted in the SRAR under the Exam Scores section. You will need to enter into the SRAR your high school name and dates of attendance to record any exams taken while in high school. You do not need to enter in the SRAR individual high school course information, including AP/IB courses for which you hope to receive exam credit. No additional transcripts are required for application review. An official final transcript from each institution attended will be due by the date noted in your offer letter, if you chose to accept the offer of admission.
- Link the SRAR to your application and submit. You will need to link your SRAR at vt.edu/admissions/srar to your Virginia Tech Coalition application using the Coalition ID found in your account settings on Coalition’s website. Submit the SRAR once it is linked to your Virginia Tech application.
- Standardized Test Scores (ACT/SAT) are not considered in the application review process. These should not be provided to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Letters of Recommendation are not a part of the Virginia Tech application and will not be considered in the review of your application.
- Fill out the FAFSA by March 1. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the first step toward many financial aid options. Transfer (Spring term) applicants should complete the FAFSA and send this to Virginia Tech as soon as possible for eligibility for the most Financial Aid. *Students looking to begin in the summer (I or II) should contact the Virginia Tech Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on aid distribution timelines.
- Transfer (Summer I/II or Fall term) applicants seeking scholarships should apply by January 15 and complete the Virginia Tech General Scholarship application by January 22. The scholarship portal will open by October 15, 2018. You will receive instructions for completion if you have submitted your application. Transfer (Spring term) applicants will be considered for scholarships on an availability basis.
Completed applications will receive priority in the review process. It is critical to meet the deadlines for your application. The university reserves the right to withdraw, without notice, any application that is not complete by the deadline.