Accepting the Transfer Offer of Admission
Reserve your spot
To accept your offer of admission, you must submit your $400 matriculation fee by the date indicated in your offer packet. You can either pay online or mail a check or money order. Payment online is preferred.
You can pay by eCheck from your checking account, by the date indicated in your offer packet. To pay by eCheck:
- visit the application status page
- log in with the email address and password you used to set up your guest account
- click on “Application Information”
- select the link under Admission Term (e.g. “Spring Semester 2019″)
- follow the on-screen directions to pay by eCheck. Documentation is available online.
Payments must be postmarked, by the date indicated in your offer packet. You must include a completed Response Form (PDF) and your check should include your student ID number (which is included in the offer letter).Checks should be made payable to Treasurer, Virginia Tech. Mail payment to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
925 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Create your Virginia Tech PID
After allowing one week for us to create your student record, go to Hokie SPA and follow the instructions to create your personal identifier (PID) and password. After you successfully create your PID, log back in to Hokie SPA using your PID and password. Select the “HokieSPA” link and then click the “Information for New Students” link. From there, you will need to:
- Sign up for new student orientation
- Check your Virginia Tech email via Google Apps mail
- Download and return your immunization history form(s)
- Submit your name and student ID number to the transfer housing wait list (if applicable)
Note: transfer students admitted in the spring term will not have Orientation and should follow instructions in the offer letter for course registration.
Send Final Transcripts
Send final official transcripts of all high school and college work through the last term at the current institution so that it is received by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the date indicated in your offer packet. All final official transcripts must be received by the date indicated in your offer packet or your offer of admission will be rescinded. Attendance at summer orientation and registration for courses does not exempt you from this requirement.
In order to receive credit through Advanced Placement (AP) or the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, you must have your AP or IB examination scores sent electronically, by the appropriate testing service, to the Office of the University Registrar, Virginia Tech. For more information about tests and scores accepted for credit, visit the Registrar’s AP, IB, & CLEP Credit page.
Transfer Application Matriculation Fee Refund Policy
Transfer applicants who wish to withdraw their application may be eligible for a matriculation fee refund prior to June 1. To request a refund of your $400 matriculation fee, you must mail a written request to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, postmarked no later than June 1. Requests postmarked after June 1 will not be granted.
Offer Withdrawn Policies
Your offer of admission will be withdrawn under the following circumstances:
- Your final transcripts are not received by the undergraduate admissions office as directed above.
- Your final grades are significantly lower than your previous academic record, indicating a declining performance in your final semester.
- You fail to complete any current coursework, as indicated on your application, or you receive a grade below “C” in any of these courses. Please notify our office in writing if you must withdraw from any classes, or if you will receive any grade lower than a “C”.