You are a Transfer Applicant if you:
- have completed all entrance requirements, or the equivalent in a college program, for all entering students.
See minimum academic requirements.
- have attempted 12 or more hours at any college or university since graduating from high school.
- are in good standing at your current or most recent institution.
Did you know: 1 out of 5 graduates begins as a transfer student at Virginia Tech!
- Application opens August 1.
- Select type of application.
- Complete the application form, save, and send online to Virginia Tech by selecting this option at the end of the application.
- Pay the appropriate application fee online using the secure credit card transaction service.
- Complete your self-reported academic record. You will receive instructions for doing this when your application is completed.
- Once the Office of Undergraduate Admissions acknowledges your application, you will receive a verification letter via email.
Note: It is the responsibility of each applicant to submit all required information and materials as soon as possible. Completed applications will receive priority in the review process. Because of time constraints, it is not always possible for the admissions office to request missing information. When submitting supplemental materials separate from the application, make sure your name, date of birth, and college name are included on all pieces. Also, be sure to include your current name, if different from the name on the materials.
To help us and yourself, please review the above checklist carefully. The university reserves the right to withdraw, without notice, any application that is not complete by the deadline.