Apply to Attend Black College Institute
- Must be a rising Junior or rising Senior in high school
- Have an interest in attending Virginia Tech
- Highly motivated and academically curious
Applications for the 2019 summer programs are now closed. Check back in January, 2020 for next year's applications.
Parents, Guardians, School/Organization Representatives
To Apply you will need:
- Personal information
- Contact information
- Demographic information
- Family information
- High school information
- Awards/ Recognitions (if available)
- Extracurricular Activities, jobs or any community involvement.
- PSAT or SAT/ACT scores (if available)
- Students will self report their GPA and the current core classes enrolled in (English, Math, Science, History).
- One short essay (No more than 120 words)
- Essay 1 - This program is for high achieving academically curious students interested in the African-American experience. Please indicate why you believe you should be selected.
- Each program can accommodate 100 students.
- Preference is given to students showing continued interest in BCI by participation in previous program, BCI Junior program.
- Preference is given to students showing interest or aptitude in a current degree granting program offered at Virginia Tech through academic or extracurricular activities.
- Students will be notified of final decisions by e-mail on April 1.
Please contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org