Black College Institute
Benefits of attending BCI
- Student engagement with various academic disciplines through hand-ons learning and workshops within the context of the African-American cultural experience.
- College life experience of residential living, campus dining, collaborative projects in university classrooms and engagement with Virginia Tech’s faculty, staff, and students.
- Daily workshops on (1) navigating and completing the college application process and (2) applying for scholarships and financial aid.
- Students embrace Virginia Tech’s motto of Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) by completing a service learning project with university and local partnerships.
- Explore Virginia Tech’s departments and organizations to build lasting connections and learn about local resources available to them.
- Engage in fun team building activities in our Cultural, Recreational, and Squires Student Centers.
Black College Institute will offer two 5-day sessions for seniors and one 3-day session for juniors during the summer of 2019:
All programs are FREE of cost to students! *Students must arranged their own transportation to and from the programs.*