Construction began in fall 1971 and was completed in 1972.
Slusher Hall201 Ag Quad Lane
Slusher Hall is made up of two sections: Slusher Wing and Slusher Tower.
Slusher Wing is home to about 300 male and female students. It has three floors, but they are numbered two through four because of the way the wing connects to Slusher Tower.
Slusher Tower is home to about 330 male and female students. This section of the hall has 12 stories.
Clarice Slusher Pritchard
Slusher Hall was named in 1968 in memory of 1927 alumna Clarice Slusher Pritchard, who worked at her alma mater from 1927 to 1966 as assistant registrar, registrar, and associate registrar. An early woman student at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (now Virginia Tech), the "townie" rode her bicycle to campus. As registrar, she paved the way for women in higher-level positions on campus. Contemporaries called her spirited and spunky.