Erected 1934 as Blacksburg Elementary School. Purchased by the University as part of a three-building package totaling $300,000 at auction in 1965. Also purchased were the neighboring Media Annex Building and the Architecture Annex. The Media Building was used by student organizations from 1966 to 1969 while Squires Student Center was closed. It most recently housed offices for the University Relations Department.
Media Building101 Draper Road NW
The Media Building provides studio space for the Institute For Creativity, Arts, and Technology. These include the digital arts and animation studio, the digital interactive sound and intermedia studio, and the cinema studio.