Completed in 1965, Johnson Hall housed 185 male students until 1970, when it was converted to a residence for 180 female students.
Johnson Hall500 Washington St SW
Johnson Hall is a residence hall that is home to 108 female students. It is part of the President's Community. The building features hallways that are painted with fun themes that help create a lively atmosphere on each floor.
John Samuel Adolphus Johnson
Johnson Hall is named for 1898 alumnus John Samuel Adolphus Johnson, who served his alma mater from 1898 to 1931 as assistant commandant and commandant of cadets, professor, mechanical engineering department head, and the first director of the Engineering Experiment Station. Johnson helped design Blacksburg's water and sewage system, prepared the first roster of all students, presided over the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and served on the Governor's Board of Mechanical Survey.