Eggleston Hall is comprised of three wings, which were constructed between 1935 and 1940 and served student residential purposes. The residence hall housed 648 male students until it closed after fall 1965 for renovation into a women's dormitory. East Eggleston (including the tower) was converted to an academic and administrative building in 1983. In 2015, the upper floors of East Eggleston were converted back to residential space.
Eggleston Hall410, 440, 500 Drillfield Drive
Eggleston Hall is composed of three wings: East, Main, and West. Main Eggleston is a co-ed residence hall; West Eggleston is co-ed and houses 198 students. East Eggleston contains office space on the first floor and residential space on the second and third floors.
Joseph Dupuy Eggleston Jr.
In 1952 Eggleston Hall was named for Joseph Dupuy Eggleston, a schoolteacher, school superintendent, editor, Southern Education Board employee, and Virginia's first elected superintendent of public instruction before becoming president (1913-19) of the Blacksburg college and the first head of its Virginia's Cooperative Extension Work in Agriculture and Home Economics. As president, he spurred the move toward Collegiate Gothic architecture, created an agricultural education department, and established several Reserve Officers' Training Corps units.