The building was erected in 1916 as Blacksburg High School. It was purchased by the university at auction in 1965 as part of three-building package totaling $310,000. Also purchased were the neighboring Media Building and the Media Annex. The building was renovated after a December 1997 fire damaged all three floors.
Architecture Annex140 Otey St. NW
The Architecture Annex is the main administrative building for the School of Public and International Affairs and houses the Government and International Affairs and Urban Affairs and Planning programs of the College of Architecture and Urban Studies.