Board of Visitors
The Board of Visitors is the governing authority for Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. The board has 14 members, 13 of whom are appointed by the governor. The 14th member is the president of the Board of Agriculture and Consumer Services, who serves ex officio.
Senior Administrative Personnel
Virginia Tech is led by Timothy Sands, the university's 16th president, and Cyril Clarke, the interim executive vice president and provost. The president reports directly to the Board of Visitors.
- Office of the President
- Vice President for Operations
- Vice President for Advancement
- Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
- Vice President for Policy and Governance
- Executive Vice President and Provost
- Chief Executive Officer, Virginia Tech Foundation
The University Council and the University Commissions constitute the main resident bodies for policy formulation. The University Commissions formulate and recommend policies to the University Council, which in turn makes recommendations to the president of the university. Final authority rests with the president of the university and the Board of Visitors.