Upcoming Commencement Dates
- Friday, December 16: University and Graduate School Commencement Ceremonies
- University Ceremony processional begins at 10:30 a.m. in Cassell Coliseum
Graduate School Ceremony processional begins at 2:30 p.m. in Cassell Coliseum
- Thursday, May 11: Graduate Commencement Ceremony
- Friday, May 12: University Commencement and College and Departmental Ceremonies
- Saturday, May 13: College and Departmental Commencement Ceremonies
- Sunday, May 14: National Capital Region Commencement Ceremony
Guide to Graduation
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
Commencement Phone Line
Additional information is available at (540) 231-3208.
In the event of inclement weather, the University Ceremony at Lane Stadium may be delayed or canceled. Once a decision has been made, details will be posted on the Virginia Tech homepage (www.vt.edu), the Virginia Tech News homepage (www.vtnews.vt.edu), and university social media channels including the VT News page on Twitter (www.twitter.com/vtnews) and the Virginia Tech page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/virginiatech). In addition, an email will be sent to all students, faculty, and staff; a recorded message will be placed on the University Weather Line (540-231-6668); and information will be shared with area news media outlets. The university may use VT Alerts depending on conditions.
Parking and shuttle information
Parking for the general public will be available in the following areas:
- Track/Field House Lot
- Chicken Hill Lot
- Maintenance Lot
- Litton-Reaves Lot
- Duck Pond Drive Lot (the cage)
Commencement shuttles will provide continuous service from the Drillfield area to the ceremony venues starting at 7 a.m. Friday.
Find all the details and a link to a parking map online.