Master of Engineering - Computer Science
The master of engineering degree in computer science focuses on software development with an emphasis on entrepreneurial, team-based learning. Supplying strong technical training, the track is best suited for students entering the computing profession. It seeks to bring a wider group of people into the computing field at the graduate level.
Students will be able to choose to participate in the program on a part-time, full-time, or full-time accelerated basis. Full-time students could reasonably earn the master of engineering in computer science degree in about three semesters.
Credits required for graduation:
- 30 credits of coursework
- 4000 level or higher (6 credits at the 4000 level)
- Capstone project
- Three-course concentration area
- Ethics and Professionalism in Computer Science course
All students are required to satisfy a requirement for a three-course concentration. The following concentration areas are approved:
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning: Pick 3 of CS5664 (Social Media Analytics), CS5525-6 (Data Analytics), CS5824 (Adv Machine Learning)
- Computer Security: Pick 3 of CS5560 (Fundamentals Info Security), CS5580 (Cryptographic Engineering), CS5584 (Network Security), CS5590 (System and Software Security)
- AI: Pick 3 of CS5644 (Machine Learning with Big Data), CS5804 (Intro to AI), CS5814 (Introduction to Deep Learning), CS5824 (Adv Machine Learning), CS5834 (Introduction to Urban Computing), CS6524 (Deep Learning).
- Software Engineering: Pick 3 of CS5704 (Software Engineering), CS5744 (Software Design and Quality), CS5774 (User Interface Software)
- Human-Computer Interaction: Pick 3 of CS5714 (Usability Engineering), CS5724 (Models and Theories of HCI), CS5734 (Social Computing and Computer-Supported Cooperative Work), CS5764 (Information Visualization), and CS5774 (User Interface Software)
- Internet Software Development: Pick 3 of CS5244 (Web Application Development), CS5254 (Mobile Application Development), CS5614 (Database Management), CS5774 (User Interface Software)
Upon completion of the program, individuals will be able to:
- Work in mid-level and advanced positions in industries related to computing and enhance marketability to employers
Click here to learn how to apply and deadline information.