All Virginia Tech-sponsored events at any location that are scheduled prior to June 10 are being canceled or postponed.
Updated April 2, 8:57 p.m.
The 3.2-Mile Run in Remembrance will be offered as a virtual event for this year. From April 16th-18th, a virtual run in remembrance will be hosted as the Virginia Tech community reflects on the vibrant lives of the 32 students and faculty who were tragically taken from us on April 16, 2007.
The virtual walk/run will be held over a three day period to encourage proper distancing and adherence to state and local guidelines. This event is not supporting physical gatherings and is intended to support social connectedness through physical distancing.
The virtual option features a printable bib and an option to virtually join other Hokies with details coming soon. Details will be announced on this webpage and on the 2020 Virtual Run in Remembrance Facebook Event.
Updated April 1, 8:47 a.m.
On March 31, Gov. Ralph Northam issued a Stay at Home order through June 10. Events through June 10 are being canceled or postponed, including but not limited to:
- Reunion Weekend
Updated March 25, 1:33 p.m.
Events through May 15 are being canceled or postponed, including but not limited to:
- Commencement (Learn more about commencement plans)
- Faculty/Staff Awards
- University Awards Dinner
- Old Guard Society of Golden Alumni Reunion
- Hokies in London Networking Event
Updated March 22, 7:19 a.m.
On March 17, Virginia Gov. Northam announced that Virginia would follow federal guidelines to avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
We will regularly evaluate events beyond April 30 and announce such decisions as they are made.
Canceled events include (but are not limited to):
- Ring Dance (At this time, Ring Dance this year is canceled, but options for holding the event in the next academic year are being explored.)
- Faculty Women of Color in the Academy National Conference
- The Big Event
- Relay For Life
- Caldwell March
- Spring Family Weekend
- Black Alumni Reunion
- Regional campaign events
- Ut Prosim Society Weekend
- Hokie Focus
- Day of Remembrance events
- Interfraternity Council suggests all chapters cancel events through May 6
- Graduate Education Week events
Beyond these, cancellations apply to any Virginia Tech event expecting a turnout of more than 100 people at any location through April 30.
- Admissions: The Virginia Tech Office of Undergraduate Admissions is following the direction of the university and canceling the spring Open House, Hokie Focus, Gateway, High School Spring Break, special group visits, and all daily visits. We are creating a series of virtual Hokie experiences and we will be sharing details as soon they are ready. Registrants for all events will receive emailed instructions on how to participate.
- Moss Arts Center: The Moss Arts Center has closed to the public and remaining performances have been canceled. Read the full statement.
- Athletic events: Virginia Tech athletics, in conjunction with the ACC and Virginia Tech, has suspended all athletic-related activities, effective immediately.
- Human Resources: Events have been modified or canceled based on state and federal guidelines. Visit this page for a list of events and specific changes.