Accessibility at Virginia Tech
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) is the civil rights guarantee for persons with disabilities in the United States. It provides protection from discrimination for individuals on the basis of disability.
The ADA extends civil rights protections for people with disabilities to employment in the public and private sectors, transportation, public accommodations, services provided by state and local government, and telecommunication services.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment and education in compliance with the ADA 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act 2008.
Students, employees, and visitors who require assistance should contact the Office for Equity and Accessibility.
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- ADA & Accessibility Services
- Accessible Technologies
- Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies
- Environmental, Health, and Safety Services
- Policy 7215: Information Technology Accessibility (PDF)
- Policy 4075: Accommodations of Employees and Applicants with Disabilities (PDF)
- Training and Technical Assistance Center
- Office of Civil Rights (ADA Section)