The original Squires Hall was completed in May 1937 and contained 54,366 square feet. It was named in 1949 for John H. Squires. Civilian students had their dining hall in the building from September 1937 to September 1939.
The original building was closed in 1966 for the first surrounding addition and renovation. Construction began in 1967. The new building reopened in 1969 but was not completed until winter 1970. It was renamed Squires Student Center and dedicated May 12, 1970.
Another renovation completed in 1991.
Click here to learn about visitor parking on the Virginia Tech Blacksburg campus.