O'Shaughnessy Hall530 Washington St. SW
Built in 1966, the 69,211-square-foot residence hall houses approximately 335 students as the Leadership and Social Change Residential College.
O'Shaughnessy Hall is named for 1903 alumnus Louis O'Shaughnessy, who worked at his alma mater from 1918 to 1954 as a professor, head of applied mechanics, acting dean of engineering, and director of graduate studies. Renowned for his memory, O'Shaughnessy taught mathematics and engineering-related courses before becoming the first head of applied mechanics, which he built into a strong department. He served the Athletic Council for a quarter-century and spent years heading freshman orientation week.