The Office of Undergraduate Admissions invites the internal campus community to an open house at the Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center!
About Explore Admissions
Come join the Office of Undergraduate Admissions during an all-day open house for the Virginia Tech campus community. We plan to provide an hour’s worth of information, if desired, to all faculty and staff.
Faculty and staff are invited to:
- Learn about the admissions application and review process and other new initiatives taking place in Undergraduate Admissions
- Discover changes in Financial Aid and the process for aid distribution
- Become involved in the campus-wide outside reader review opportunities
- Explore the redesigned Visitor Center Exhibit Hall
- Meet the staff
- Take a campus tour
- Enjoy refreshments
Seating is limited. Faculty and staff are encouraged to register for their preferred time slot.
The first part of the program will cover all new recruitment and application changes. These sessions will last approximately 45 minutes and will be taking place at the top of the hour beginning at 9:00 a.m., and the last session starting at 4:00 p.m..
If you are interested in taking a campus tours, much like prospective students receive, bus tours will be leaving at 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. and will last approximately 30 minutes. Space is limited, please register on the Qualtircs survey.
You will have the opportunity to become more involved with recruiting highly qualified, diverse applicants to Virginia Tech by taking part in one of three levels of involvement.
- Admissions Affiliate - These campus partners are looking to stay informed about new Admissions initiatives and possibly get more involved in the future.
- Admissions Ally - These campus partners are looking to become more involved in Admissions events, recruitment, or focus groups.
- Admissions Associate - These campus partners are looking to become more involved with the application review process by becoming outside readers. They will need to go through an outside reader training and dedicate their time to read and score applicant essays. Additional information related to becoming an associate and registering for training dates can be found here.
Can’t attend but would still like to get involved? Contact us today at (540) 231-6267!