You are a Non-Degree Applicant if you:
- are a student who wants to take a few courses at Virginia Tech and transfer them back to your primary college/university.
- need to take a few courses to help in your career, for teacher certification, or self-enrichment.
- have never been denied admission to Virginia Tech.
- do not need lab science courses.
- are a current high school student who wants to complete coursework that is not available through the local community college.
Enrollment Option 1: Apply Online (If you are a Senior, 60 years old or older, please use Option 2)
- Start your application now!
- Create an ApplyWeb account (if first-time user)
- Select type of application
- Complete the application form, save, and send online to Virginia Tech by selecting this option at the end of the application.
- Pay the appropriate application fee online using the secure credit card transaction service.
- Once the Office of Undergraduate Admissions acknowledges your application, you will receive a verification letter via email.
Enrollment Option 2: Use the Paper Application
- Download the paper application (If you don’t have a PDF viewer, you can download the plug-in from Adobe’s website.)
- Mail your completed application and the application fee to Virginia Tech, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 925 Prices Fork Road, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061.
|Applying for||Application Deadline|
|Summer Session I||May 1|
|Summer Session II||June 15|
Reserve Your Spot
To accept your offer of admission, simply respond to the decision email.
Upon receipt of your acceptance of our offer, we will create your Virginia Tech student record and send you a confirmation email. Your response must be received at least two weeks prior to your intended term of enrollment.
Create Your Virginia Tech PID
After paying your matriculation fee and allowing two weeks for us to create your student record, go to www.hokiespa.vt.edu and follow the instructions to create your PID and password. After you successfully create your PID, return to Hokie SPA to complete the remaining steps. If you have problems creating your PID, click here for helpful hints.
Log in to Hokie SPA
Go to www.hokiespa.vt.edu and log in using your PID and password. Select the "Hokie Spa" link and then click on the following:
"Information for New Students"
From this section, you will need to:
- Download and complete your health history forms.
- Check your Virginia Tech email via Google Apps Mail.
"Registration & Schedule"
From this section, you can:
- View the Timetable of Classes .
- Choose "Drop/Add Classes" to register for classes.