Transfer Offer Next Steps Checklist
This page will be updated closer to the release of transfer decisions for the respective entry term.
ACCEPT YOUR OFFER OF ADMISSION
- To accept the offer, submit your $400 matriculation fee through your Application Status Page by June 1, 2020.
- Applicants admitted to the Summer term should accept the offer by May 15, 2020, or may be switched to Fall entry.
GET TO KNOW ONECAMPUS
- Finding things you need to be a part of the community is a lot easier with OneCampus. Go to onecampus.vt.edu for forms, portal entries, and more.
CREATE YOUR VT USERNAME
- Confirm the receipt and processing of your matriculation fee by looking for the word “acceptance” displayed in the Decision section of your Application Status Page. Once received, you will be able to create your username and email address by going to vt.edu/offer19/one-campus and search for “Create VT Username.”
SEND OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
- As soon as you accept your offer of admission you should begin the process of sending official college transcripts and documents. Please send a final official transcript from any college or university attended, including for dual-enrollment work.
- If you are still completing coursework at a college or university, please send an official transcript from this school as soon as you accept the offer and a second transcript once your in-progress spring work has been completed with final grades. This will help speed up the official evaluation of your transfer credits. You should also send official AP/CLEP or other score reports for credit noted in your Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR). You are also required to update and resubmit the SRAR with your final course and grade information. The SRAR should be updated and ALL transcripts/ score reports with grade information through Spring 2020 should be received by June 15th, 2020. If you are enrolled in summer work, you will need to provide an additional official transcript and update the SRAR again as soon as possible after this work is completed. Sending a high school transcript is optional at this point but can be a good idea as well, especially if you have foreign language credit.
REVIEW SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AID
- Your scholarship/financial aid award information is likely contained in the first pages of your offer packet, but you can also review this information online via your Application Status Page.
REQUIRED ITEMS FOR NEW STUDENTS
- Immunizations: Visit healthcenter.vt.edu and scroll to and click on “New Students.”
- Check computer requirements: compreq.vt.edu.
- Complete required online programs such as alcoholEDU, diversityEDU, and Haven.
PREPARE FOR A GREAT START ON CAMPUS
- Learn more about new-transfer programming, transitional guidance, and the Hokie Transfer Community.
- Take the CliftonStrengths® assessment: dsa.vt.edu/strengths.
- Check out gobblerconnect.vt.edu to learn about student organizations on campus.
- Arrange tuition payment as bursar.vt.edu.
- View the academic calendar and important dates and deadlines at registrar.vt.edu.
CHECK YOUR VT.EDU EMAIL
- You will begin receiving important information via email immediately. Be sure to check your vt.edu email frequently as you move forward with becoming a new Virginia Tech student!
OFFERS MAY BE WITHDRAWN UNDER ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES:
If your final official transcripts show grades which are significantly lower than your previous academic performance or you fail to successfully complete the required coursework for admission to your major. If your final transcript(s) is/are not received by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as directed. If there is a major discrepancy between your Self-Reported Academic Record and your final official transcript(s).