Transfer Offer Next Steps Checklist
Next steps for admitted Spring 2021 transfers
To accept the offer, submit your $400 enrollment deposit through your Applicant Portal by the deadline of December 1, 2020.
- Return to, update, and formally resubmit your Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) with final 2020 grades (if applicable) by January 2, 2021. You can access your SRAR directly through your Applicant Portal or at vt.edu/admissions/srar.
- Provide official transcripts noting final grades through (at least) Summer 2020 from ALL colleges or universities attended by January 2, 2021.
- If currently enrolled, provide a second official transcript from your current institution showing final grades through Fall 2020 by February 1, 2021.
- If applicable, provide official score reports for AP, IB, CLEP exams or other sources of college credit by January 2, 2021. Applicants are also encouraged to provide a final high school transcript, if available, though this is not required for completing the admissions or general on-boarding process.
- Official transcripts and score reports can be sent electronically (preferred) from that institution or entity or through physical mail. If mailed, transcripts/score reports must be postmarked by the dates above and sent to the address below:
Virginia Tech Office of Undergraduate Admissions
925 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
After the enrollment deposit has been received and processed (generally 1-2 business days), you will receive an invitation to create your VT Username and email address.
You will need these items when creating your VT Username, as well as throughout the process of becoming a student at Virginia Tech.
- Register for Spring Orientation.
- If you’re still looking for housing in Blacksburg, check out offcampus.vt.edu to find available housing and connect with potential roommates.
- Complete or add Virginia Tech to your 2020-21 FAFSA.
- Complete the General Scholarship Application by January 22, 2021. Note: this will be for consideration for scholarships for the 2021-22 academic year.
- Arrange tuition payments with the Bursar's office.
- Complete the required programs for new students.
- Get more info on required immunizations and documents.
- View the academic calendar and important dates and deadlines.
You will begin receiving important information via your new vt.edu email immediately. Be sure to check it frequently as you move forward with becoming a new Virginia Tech student!
Next steps for admitted Summer/Fall 2021 transfers
Important note: offers may be withdrawn under any of the following circumstances:
If your final official transcript shows grades which are significantly lower than your previous academic performance or you fail to successfully complete the required coursework for admission to your major. If your final transcript(s) is/are not received or your SRAR is not updated by the deadlines noted above. If there is a major discrepancy between your SRAR and your final official transcript(s) or score reports.