Transfer Offer Next Steps Checklist
Next steps for admitted Summer/Fall 2022 transfers
Once your payment is processed and you have officially accepted your offer, you will receive an email with instructions on how to create your VT username followed by @vt.edu and this can be accessed through Gmail by entering the full email address. Please note that this can take 48-72 hours after your payment is received through your Applicant Portal.
As soon as you accept your offer of admission you should begin the process of sending official college transcripts and documents. Please send a final official transcript from any college or university attended, including for dual enrollment work.
If you are still completing coursework at a college or university, please send an official transcript from this school as soon as you accept the offer and a second transcript once your in-progress work has been completed with final grades. This will help speed up the official evaluation of your transfer credits. You should also send AP/CLEP or other score reports for credit noted in your submitted Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR).
You are also required to update and resubmit the SRAR with your final course and grade information. The SRAR must be updated and resubmitted and ALL transcripts/score reports with grades through Spring 2022 should be received by June 15, 2022. If you will be completing additional coursework in the summer, you must send one final transcript, in addition to those in the above requirements, as soon as these grades are available, but this does not need to be received by June 15th.
Sending a high school transcript is optional at this point but can be a good idea, especially if you have foreign language credit as this can apply towards certain graduation requirements.
Send transcripts and score reports via electronic delivery or physical mail to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
925 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-6267 | 540-231-3242 (fax)
Your scholarship/financial aid notification can be found through your Applicant Portal. Please look on the right side of the portal for a section labeled "Your Financial Aid Notification is Available."
You will begin receiving important information via email immediately. Be sure to check your vt.edu email frequently as you move forward with becoming a new Virginia Tech student!
Next steps for admitted Spring 2023 transfers
Check back later
Next steps for transfers admitted to Spring 2023 will be published prior to the release of admissions decisions for that term.
If you were required to submit the SRAR for admissions review (most applicants), you will follow the SRAR update guidance below. If you were required to submit unofficial transcripts for admissions review, you will follow the unofficial transcripts guidance below. Not sure which applies to you? Check your offer letter.
- SRAR - Return to, update, and formally resubmit your Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) with final grades through Fall 2021 grades (as applicable) by January 3, 2022. You should access your SRAR directly through your Applicant Portal. Once updated, you must fully resubmit the SRAR from the Review/Submit tab for the new version to transmit. Even if you have no updated coursework/ grades to report from the version submitted with your application, you are still required to submit the SRAR update by January 3, 2022.
- Unofficial Transcripts - provide updated unofficial transcripts for your current institution which include final grades through Fall 2021 (as applicable) by January 3, 2022. Unofficial transcripts can be emailed as an attachment to email@example.com.
All students - Provide official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended and noting final grades through Fall 2021 (as applicable) by February 1, 2022.
If applicable, provide official score reports for AP, IB, CLEP exams or other sources of college credit by January 3, 2022. Applicants are also strongly encouraged to provide a final high school transcript, if available, though this is not required for completing the admissions or general onboarding process.
Official transcripts and score reports can be sent electronically (preferred) from the insititution/ company or through physical mail. If mailed, transcripts/score reports must be postmarked by the dates above and sent to the address below:
Virginia Tech Office of Undergraduate Admissions
925 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
After the enrollment deposit has been received, you will receive an invitation to create your VT Username and email address. Do this immediately. Please note that this can take 48-72 hours after your payment is received through your Applicant Portal. Your email address will be your VT Username followed by @vt.edu and can be accessed through Gmail by entering the full email address.
REMEMBER YOUR MAJOR AND STUDENT ID: You will need these items when creating your Virginia Tech Username, as well as throughout the onboarding process.
- Register for Spring Orientation, which will begin January 14, 2022. You'll receive an invitation to register via your vt.edu email.
- On-campus housing options are available for incoming Spring students! Once you've accepted the offer of admission and set up your VT Username and email, you will receive an on-campus housing contract and instructions for accepting it. If you’re still looking for housing in Blacksburg, check out techoffcampus.com to find available housing and connect with potential roommates.
- Complete the General Scholarship Application by January 22, 2022 at vt.academicworks.com. Note: this will be for consideration for scholarships for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Complete or update the FAFSA for 2022-2023 by January 22, 2022. Note: this will be needed for financial aid consideration for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Arrange tuition payment.
- Complete the required programs for new students.
- Visit healthcenter.vt.edu/new_student for more information on required immunizations and documents.
- View the registrar's academic calendar and important dates and deadlines.
You will begin receiving important information via your new vt.edu email immediately. Be sure to check it frequently as you move forward in the onboarding process!
Important note: offers may be withdrawn under any of the following circumstances:
If your final grades are significantly lower than your previous academic performance in your final term(s); if you fail to complete the university's minimum requirements for admission into your major (note that grades of a 'C' or higher must be earned for credit to transfer); if an updated Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) is not submitted by the deadline noted above; if official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended are not received by the deadline noted above; or if your post-admission criminal record inquiry is not cleared.