Transfer Application FAQs

FAQs for the 2019-2020 transfer application will be updated soon!

The application deadline is February 15th. Your Coalition Application must be submitted by this date for consideration.

You should begin by creating a Coalition account and work through building your Profile. Then be sure Virginia Tech is added in your “College List” so you can complete the VT specific application questions and submit.

No. While the Coalition Profile allows you to enter high school and college coursework and grades, this is not required for completing Virginia Tech’s Transfer application. You will, however, enter all of your college level coursework in the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR), a separate portal outside of Coalition.

No. Transcripts should not be sent during the review process. After submitting the Coalition Application, the next step is to complete the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) where you will list all completed, in-progress, and planned college level work from any institution attended, as well as any available final grades (including Fall 2018). The SRAR must be completed and submitted for your application to be considered complete.

While high school coursework and grades are not considered in the review process for transfers, a system limitation with the SRAR is requiring some applicants to list their high school information and at least one course from each year they attended high school. If you are unable to submit without including high school information, please add your high school and list at least one course and grade for each year of high school. Again, this high school course information will not be considered in the review process.

The best way to report completed DE work is to note it under the college/university that awarded the credit. You should add this institution in the SRAR and note the DE coursework under the appropriate year and term completed.

AP and IB credit will be awarded by the Registrar as detailed in this helpful guide. We encourage applicants to report all available AP/IB exams scores so that we can note the completion of prerequisite coursework through earned credit. You will enter these scores on the “Exams” section of the SRAR. Please note you will have to have a date of attendance corresponding to the exam date, which means entering your basic high school information and some coursework (see FAQ 5 above for help with this).

SAT and/or ACT scores are not considered in the transfer review process. There is no reason to include them in the SRAR.

You can make updates to a submitted SRAR simply by logging in and making the changes. All final fall grades, as well as an accurate spring/summer schedule should be included as soon as possible so these can be considered during the review process.

If you have studied or are currently studying at a university outside of the United States, following graduation from high school,you are not required to submit the SRAR but instead should have all university transcripts and course descriptions sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. All other applicants must complete the SRAR

Yes! We are here to help you. Please contact Admissions at (540) 231-6267 or email us at