Pathway to Excellence Guaranteed Admission Initiative Student Checklist
Students must assume responsibility for critical program elements to ensure they qualify for all the program benefits and that they meet standards.
- Contact the community college counselor to select the Guaranteed Transfer Program.
- Complete and sign the Letter of Agreement ideally during their first semester at the Community College.
- Provide transcripts to the community college from other institutions.
- Meet minimum grade criteria (3.0), earn the Associate’s Degree, and take prerequisite courses for entry to Virginia Tech.
- Discuss any changes, other than in program content, with the Community College Transfer Advisor, who will make changes as appropriate.
- Notify the Community College Transfer Advisor if participation in the program is to be terminated.
- Submit the following items:
- Letter of Agreement – ideally completed during the student’s first semester at the community college and sent to VCCS Academic Advisor (for the advisor to forward to Virginia Tech)
- Virginia Tech application online (by February 15 prior to the term in which the student wishes to enroll)
- Access and follow all academic requirements and application deadlines for Virginia Tech. It will be the student’s responsibility to access Virginia Tech’s online catalog.
- Complete the Associate’s Degree within a 5-year period.
- Contact VCCS Academic Advisor to facilitate degree completion requirements from VCCS institution.
- Become familiar with financial aid and tuition payment deadlines and processes.