Construction started in 1965 and was completed in fall 1966.
O'Shaughnessy Hall530 Washington St. SW
O'Shaughnessy Hall underwent extensive renovation and was reopened in 2018. The renovated building features lounges, common spaces, faculty offices, and space for live-in faculty members. It is estimated to house about 320 students.
O'Shaughnessy Hall is named for 1903 alumnus Louis O'Shaughnessy, who worked at his alma mater from 1918 to 1954 as a professor, head of applied mechanics, acting dean of engineering, and director of graduate studies. Renowned for his memory, O'Shaughnessy taught mathematics and engineering-related courses before becoming the first head of applied mechanics, which he built into a strong department. He served the Athletic Council for a quarter-century and spent years heading freshman orientation week.