Construction was completed in May 1964, and the building was dedicated on May 16, 1966.
Miles Hall410 Washington St. SW
Miles Hall, a residence hall, is home to 217 male students.
Clarence Paul "Sally" Miles
Miles Hall was named in 1964 for 1901 alumnus Clarence Paul "Sally" Miles, who worked here from 1901 to 1950 as a chemistry instructor, instructor and professor of foreign languages, director of athletics, and dean of the college. A national leader in athletics, Miles helped organize the Southern Conference, introduced collegiate wrestling to the conference, and headed his school's Athletic Association. He was known as "Mr. VPI" for his numerous contributions to the college that became Virginia Tech.
- Originally Built:
- Map Grid:
- Abbreviation / Number:
- MILES / 027
- 37.2255, -80.41696