Erected 1934 as Blacksburg Elementary School. Purchased by the University as part of a three-building package totaling $300,000 at auction in 1965. Also purchased were the neighboring Media Building and the Architecture Annex. The Media Building was used by student organizations from 1966 to 1969 while Squires Student Center was closed.
The Media Building houses offices for the University Relations Department, including Web Communications, Visual and Broadcast Communication, and Marketing and Publications.
Map Grid: P-4
Building Number: 370
Originally Built: 1934