There will be numerous events on Virginia Tech’s campus the weekend of April 13th. Please allow yourself extra time as you make your way on campus. Be prepared and take note of the following parking/transportation information to help your visit.
Friday, April 13
- 3.2 Mile Run in Remembrance check-in, Black Alumni Reunion, baseball game, Family Weekend, Student Experiential Learning Conference
- Parking available in Lot 1/Coliseum, Lot 2/Stadium, Lot 4/Track-Fieldhouse.
- Short-term parking available along southside of Drillfield Drive.
- Parking available in Price Hall lot.
- Vehicles can leave, but no new cars can park on the northside of the Drillfield Drive and Lot 1/Coliseum. Buses still running.
- No new cars can park in Lot 2/Stadium.
- North End Center Parking Garage, no charge parking after 5:30 p.m.
- Parking available at Squires Lot.
- All vehicles must be removed from Lot 1/Coliseum.
- Drillfield Drive closed, all vehicles must be removed (buses still running).
- Lot 4/Track-Fieldhouse will be closed to public.
- All vehicles must be removed from Lot 2/Stadium (Black Alumni Reunion event parking allowed from 10:30 p.m. April 13 to 1:30 a.m. April 14). Resident students should move over to Lot 16/Duck Pond Lot (The Cage).
Saturday, April 14
- 3.2 Mile Run in Remembrance, Interfaith Service, Black Alumni Reunion, Family Weekend, football Spring Game, English Field at Union Park grand opening, baseball game, Town of Blacksburg Chocolate Festival
- All vehicles must be removed from Lot 2/Stadium.
- The Town of Blacksburg will close College Avenue between Main Street and Otey, and Draper Road between Jackson Street and College Avenue to vehicles. The roads will reopen at 6 p.m.
- Public parking allowed in Lot 2/Stadium, Lot 5/Chicken Hill, and Perry Street; Lot 3/Maintenance Lot is for ADA parking.
- ***Run route closed: NO vehicles will be allowed in or out of the run route until runners have cleared the area and the police deem it safe.
- Beamer Way closed (all day) from Washington to Southgate.
- Oak Lane closed (no entrance or exit until after 10:30 a.m.).
- Parking available in Lot 16/Duck Pond Drive Lot (The Cage), Lot 8/Litton-Reaves.
- Run route opens except Beamer Way, from Washington Street to Southgate.
- Lot 1/Coliseum opens.
- Parking available in Perry Street area, North End Center, and Drillfield Drive.
- Parking available in Lot 1/Coliseum, Lot 2/Stadium, Lot 5/Chicken Hill, Lot 8/Litton-Reaves.
- Parking available in Lot 16/Duck Pond Drive Lot (The Cage), Lot 7/Veterinary Medicine.
Sunday, April 15
- Men’s Tennis, Baseball Game, Black Alumni Reunion
- Lots open, follow all posted signs for regulations.