The building, originally known as the Extension Division Building, was completed in May 1924.
Sandy Hall is an academic building on the Ag Quad. This building houses offices in the Department of Population Health Sciences and the Masters of Public Health program.
Thomas Oldham Sandy
Sandy Hall memorializes Thomas Oldham Sandy, Virginia's first demonstration agent (1907-17). Called the father of farm demonstration and extension work in Virginia, Sandy was a progressive farmer who promoted the improvement of scientific education in agriculture. He became a Virginia Tech employee when extension work moved under the university's purview in 1914. Sandy's boyish enthusiasm, keen sense of humor, and love for others endeared him to numerous people, and his work provided a major boost to agriculture in Virginia.
Map Grid: L-6
Building Number: 101
Originally Built: 1924