A faculty group organized the University Club in 1925. The club house was built on land leased from the university and completed in 1930 at a cost of $38,000. It once contained a dining room, which ceased operations in September 1935.
The club's mission today is to "provide programs to enhance the cultural and social life of its members and maintain a suitable clubhouse." Rooms inside the 8,763-square-foot house are available for rent including formal lounges with reception area, a casual lounge with a dance floor, and patios to accommodate outdoor events.
Map Grid: O-5
Building Number: 252
Originally Built: 1930