Old Security Building
Old Security Building

The Old Security Building houses the alumni and development offices for the College of Science.

Building History

The building was constructed in 1903 as a laundry. It became headquarters for the Security Department (later, Virginia Tech Police) until the department moved its office to the Sterrett Facilities Complex in the 1980s.

Map Grid: M-2

Building Number: 201

Originally Built: 1903

Abbreviation: SEC

Latitude: 37.23148

Longitude: -80.42159